Subscribe to this feed Subscribe via Email
Goal, Objective or Purpose of Activity:
Teach navigation by plotting course to a destination
Appropriate Age Level: 14+
Minimum/Maximum Number of Participants: 6 per boat
Set-up Time Required: 30 minutes – 1 hour
Activity Time Required: 1-2 hours
Space Requirements: classroom then on-the-water in powerboat
Procedure for Teaching:
Please feel add detail!!!
1. Teach how to read a chart including compass rose, true north, magnetic north
2. Teach course plotting with magnetic headings
3. Teach how to measure and plot distance
4. Compute time to travel course
5. Execute plan in a powerboat or sail to destination when weather permits
Contributor(s): Please take credit for this great idea!