Subscribe to this feed Subscribe via Email
Goal, Objective or Purpose of Activity: Team building, improve observation skills
Appropriate Age Level: 8+
Minimum/Maximum Number of Participants: 6 - 20
Set-up Time Required: 0 – 15 minutes
Activity Time Required: 0 – 15 minutes to explain, continues for one or more days
Space Requirements: Normal Meeting area
Procedure for Teaching:
1) Quietly pull aside a participant and make them the Hit Man or Woman before meeting with the group.
2) Explain to group that you have already designated a “Hit Man or Woman” amongst the group and that they must catch this person before everyone is “knocked off.”
3) Leaders share with the group the pre-determined “kill” sign which maybe a tug on the ear, the “OK” sign against the leg or other sign that is noticeable by others but won’t be accidentally flashed (i.e. running your fingers through your hair).
4) The Hit Man or Woman then tries to systematically knock off the entire group by discreetly flashing the “kill” sign to one person at a time.
5) If a participant is flashed the “kill” sign they must “die” several minutes later but not immediately as to make it obvious the Hit Man or Woman is a person in the immediate vicinity. Encourage elaborate and vocal death scenes for fun.
6) Participants are encouraged to keep an eye out for the Hit Man or Woman flashing someone else the “kill” sign. If they think they know who the Hit Man or Woman is at the next group gathering they can point the person. If they are wrong, they killed. If they are right the game ends.
7) An interesting twist is to secretly make one or more participants “Undercover Agents” that if flashed the kill sign they don’t die but capture the Hit Man or Woman.
Student Product: N/A
Contributor(s): Blaine Pedlow and Rob Crafa, SUNY Maritime College